Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Page Twenty

"Y'knoo I'd very much rather not b'put inna box, thankee much."

The small creature sidestepped the poke with ease of practice and hopped nimbly up onto a nearby crate. He was a curious sight to behold, all small and cute and fluffy, and dressed to the nines in a snappy waistcoat and feathered cap.

But this was fantasy land, after all! Where plotlines crawl by like molasses,
and out trot magical creatures one after another.

"Ahem."

He cleared his throat politely. Even perched atop the crate, the cute little bugger was a good two heads shorter than even Winn. The three companions drew in closer to hear what he had to say.


"Ye've summoned th'awesome me, human," the small creature restated, making an elegant leg with a
flourish of his finely feathered cap.

"And just how did I manage that?"

"Why, with the face-to-palm motion, o'course! Y' shoore were going at it, too. Likes I said,
I've rarely seen humans done it so often so quick."

The small creature paused, striking a regal pose with one paw at his hip and the other raised with a dramatic quiver.

"My good sirs, I am Sir Reginald of th' Face-Palm Squires.
Where'er a palm meets face, we be there to help!

"So how c'n I be o'service to ye?"

1 comment: