Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Page Nineteen


"Hey Winn, hurry up!"

Winn was brought to his senses by his sister's loud whining.


Huh? Where did Charles go? He was there just a second ago. Was I just seeing things?


"Winnnnnn!! What are you doing, standing stupidly over there," whined Chester. "As your lovely, beautiful, sweet, sister I order you to come here right now and carry my bags -- they're heavy and I can feel my arms falling off."




What, how did Chester buy so much junk so fast?


"Ugh." It appears that his loathing of his sister's constant complaining and his yearning for his brother had produced an unholy abomination that played tricks with his mind. At least that’s what Winn concluded.


"Well, TRIX ARE FOR KIDS, so there!"


"The hell are you talking about? Stop mumbling nonsense and get over here. I have too much to carry D<"


"Okay, I'm coming, I'm coming," cried Winn. As he ran to catch up to his grumbling sister, something chequered and tablecloth-y caught the corner of his eye. Thinking his unholy thoughts playing tricks on him again, Winn paid it no attention.


"Ouch, my head." He obviously paid enough attention as to hit his head on an out-of-place pole. In the middle of the street.


When he finally caught up, he found his sister sitting on the ground, in tears.


"*sniffs* Look what you’ve donee," sobbed Chester. She pulled a plaid handkerchief from within her blouse and daintily patted her cheeks with it.


"What happened? Did someone push you? Did you get mugged?" asked Winn concernedly. She was his sister after all, and he still loved her deep within his heart underneath all his hatred.


"Oh..," his sister sniffled. "The bags scraped some nail polish off my awesome nails." Winn facepalmed.


"Also, I can't find my nail polish."


"
Nailpolish? You mean your sword? It's right there," he pointed towards Chester's waist.

"No, I mean my nail polish, you know, the one that like, totally makes my nails super duper shiney."


Chester facepalmed again.


"By the way, where did TIBADOR run off to?," asked Winn, trying to change the topic to something less idiotic.


"
Oh he's right over there, by the chimichanga stand," Chester pointed.

Winn looked over his shoulder and saw a stand not unlike an ice cream van used by a bear who loved children. The stand was fairly crowded, with a line that stretched for almost a kilometre, and in front of it all was a familiar figure. It was TIBADOR, happily munching on some chimichangas.


"I am loving this tasty foods of the heavens!" TIBADOR exclaimed. "They are so gooey and full of happiness!"


Chester facepalmed a third time. "How can you afford all those chimichangas anyway? You must have eaten at least a hundred by now," he asked the dragon.


"Oh I know not but I think I have stepping on something squishy and a bucket of gold coins and crunchy cereal-y things went POP!"


Chester facepalmed. Again. His forehead and his nose were starting to get sore.

"Y'knoo I've rarely seen humans dunnit four times in quick succession. Well either way, ye've summoned th'awesome me, human."


Huh? Where is that voice coming from? Is it my unholy thoughts playing tricks on my mind again? Winn picked up Chester's stick and rapped his head with it to make sure he was still conscious.


"Down here, boy-o."


Winn stared at his foot and what he saw sparked his love for cute things. Chester seemed to have noticed it as well, and was squealing in delight. Okay, it looks like I'm not dreaming this.


"It's so cuuuuute. Let's take it home and put it in a box!!," Chester squealed as she poked with her finger.

1 comment: