Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Page Twenty Three

"We can be entering in the castle through that hole," TIBADOR pointed. There was a tunnel at the side, covered by tall grasses.

"Oh, great idea!"

"Aww man, now I'll have to replace these boots… oh wait!" Chester rummaged through her shopping bags. "Yay, I knew these tunnel boots would be useful for something!"

The three adventurers entered the tunnel - or at least they tried to. TIBADOR insisted that he go in first so he could scout the area, but he got stuck halfway in.

"Uh sirs.. I think I am being stuck. I am not being able to squeeze my buttocks in."
"Must be those chimichangas. *sigh* Come on, Chester, let's try pushing him in."

Chester and Winn pushed as hard as they could, and with a loud *pop*, TIBADOR's entirety tumbled inside, along with the prince and princess. The inside of the tunnel was long and steep, and after what seemed like ages, TIBADOR landed with a loud thud.

"Sirs, where are you? I cannot see where I am."

He was left without an answer. The sirs must have landed somewhere else, he thought. TIBADOR scratched his head and plopped on the ground.

A slight rumbling could be heard in the distance. Something had begun to move.


"Winn grab my hand! Now!" Chester yelled.

The prince and princess had tumbled on a different path, and were not yet nearing the ground.

"I can't reach you! My arms are too short!"

"Then here, grab my staff! You have to grab it, now!"
They heard a loud rumbling nearby.

"Hurry!" Chester offered her stick. She caught sight of a large hole on the wall. Oh no, they`re nearing us. Chester was getting worried. "Touch it, all you need to do is to touch it and I'll get us out of here!"

Winn stretched his fingers, and as soon as he touched the stick, he saw that they were quickly nearing what looked like a large pit of spiky death.

"Don't let go!" Chester pressed something on her wrist.

"Oof." The two landed on something soft and squishy. It was TIBADOR's head.

"Chester… how did you do that?" Winn asked confusedly.

"Hey Winn, I'm not the sister you know," said Chester with a serious look on her face.

"Well duh, I noticed that from a few pages back. But that doesn't answer my question."

"Have you heard… of time travelling?"

"In novels, yeah."

"Well what if I told you I came from two years from a week ago?"

"What, no way. You? A time traveller?" Winn scoffed. He was actually getting really interested at the subject.

"I am - well, was. My device broke. It was only designed for a single use, and even then it was only designed for one person."

"Is that why we didn’t really go back in time when you used it?"

"Pretty much."

"So are you planning on explaining to me how exactly time travelling works? I kind of want the rest of this page dedicated to a discussion of time travel."

"Uhh… I don't really understand that well myself. I just nabbed this device from Cha- *ahem* a vault.

"Why?"

"Hmm, so then my real sister is still at boarding school at Area 11?"

"You dork, I am your real sister."

"I mean from this time period."

"Oh."

"Wait, so the curse didn't really happen? Did that mermaid of ugly gyp me or something, then? Where's Charles? BAWWW"

"She didn’t say the swapping couldn't transcend time and space, did she?"

"Well now that you mention it, she was pretty vague about it."

"Then there you go."

"So where's Charles?" Winn cried.

"You'll know… in time," said his sister solemnly. She then pulled out her stick and mumbled some foreign words. A ball of flame appeared, hovering at its tip.

"You can do magic? What the heck kind of school have you been going to for the next two years?"

“Didn’t I tell you I was going to a magical school far, far away? Now let’s hurry, you’ve got a kingdom to save. Two years from now you're going to be a he-*ahem*”

"A what?"

"You'll know… in time. Now we have to get out of this place fast, before it catches up. Hmm, let's head up those stairs.. it should lead us a few floors beneath where we want to be, if my memory serves me right."


Winn quickly followed. Wow, my sister from two years from a week ago is interesting and cool, he thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment